[Typo3-debian] Upgrade of PHP

Wolfgang Riedmann wr at meles.net
Tue Nov 16 21:15:38 CET 2004

Hi Michael,

> > the most preoccupating thing is that the security team for Sarge
> > are not in place - so no security updates.
>
> I just checked that. Have a look at the last DSA concerning Apache:
> http://www.debian.org/security/2004/dsa-525
>
> This fix has been applied to the Sarge package as well, it just was
> not mentioned.
>
> Same goes for the most recent DSA concerning our lovely ImageMagick
> :-) http://www.debian.org/security/2004/dsa-593
>
> Fix is present in version 6.0.6.2-1.5 which is shipped with Sarge.

ok, you are right. But AFAIK the security team has begun to check
Sarge and has discontinued because of lack of infrastructure.

> > I have to switch to sarge when it becomes stable..... But this is
> > IMHO a few months now...
>
> Man, what are you waiting for...?

Sarge being the stable release <g>

Thank you very much for your comments! They are very welcome.

Wolfgang

--
-- Wolfgang Riedmann
-- Individuelle EDV-Lösungen - Soluzioni informatiche personalizzate
-- http://www.riedmann.it - wolfgang at riedmann.it