[Typo3-debian] REQ: TYPO3 on Debian install session in Kitzbuehel

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Tue Nov 2 00:37:36 CET 2004

Hello Ben!

> Yes, dualboot works great here too. Laptops are a lot more difficult
> than workstations though. Took me some time to get the graphics driver
> going. That's what I also understood from the debian-lists. There is no
> dist yet specifically for laptops (wireless/apm etc).

It should work fine, and if it doesn't we still have the Knoppix options for
these people... (although the tutorial should not be based up on Knoppix
but on a clean Sarge release.)

> How do you suppose the live installation as you mention it should take
> place? And is it usefull to show?

Maybe it makes sense to use VMware on the presentation computer and save
some states of the installation.
On the other hand, a system installation is really a quick job and the
waiting minutes might be good enough for users questions.

What do you think?

BTW, I think you should refer to the Debian Wiki manual [1] which covers a
step-by-step installation. However it's yet based on Woody but there are no
big differences.

- michael

[1] http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Debian
--