[Typo3-debian] https in a virtual hosting environment

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 29 21:49:54 CEST 2004

Hi Lars.

On 03/29/04 20:38 Lars E. D. Jensen wrote:
> Hi
> Should a SSL certificate serve as a certificate for all virtual hosts TYPO3
> backend or should they each have different certificates?

Generally, it depends on what you choose and what your Hosting ISP provides.

> Using
> http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=995&cHash=95dab1af4d
> a shared certificate isn't possible is it?

What makes you think so?

Regarding Chapter 1.3.3 Configuring the Extension
Point 7: secure_typo3_root setting
As I understand the documentation, you can configure the URI just as you
like.
http://typo3.org/doc.0.html?&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[extUid]=995&tx_extrepmgm_pi1[tocEl]=2491&cHash=046e1fb408

I never tried that extension for myself, but it's on my long time todo list.

Would you share your knowledge, if you've managed to use this extension?

--
cheers,
Steffen