[Typo3-debian] Installation

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Thu Mar 25 11:51:19 CET 2004

On 03/25/04 10:39 Dietmar Fuhrmann wrote:
> I´m sorry but i have  to annoy you again.
>
> After all my problems with my old installation i have made a new one with php4, mysql and all typo3-pakages. if i now put my
> URL on it, i get instead of the installation screen an index of/ Site. If i try to open the index.php i get the downloadbox. Has
> somebody an idea what is going wrong?

Hi.

Your Apache seems not to know how to handle .php pages.
You need to reconfigure /etc/apache/httpd.conf

In Section "Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support" add the line:
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

and append this to the AddModule list:
#AddModule mod_php4.c

Section Document types starts with <IfModule mod_mime.c>, in this
section, add this:
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

you can compare your configuration with the example at
/usr/share/doc/apache/examples/httpd.conf

--
cheers,
Steffen