[Typo3-debian] Access denied after Installation

Dietmar Fuhrmann fuhrmann at diefu.de
Sun Mar 7 12:13:20 CET 2004

I try to install typo3 on a server with debian Distribution.
My steps:
1. get the packages with apt-get install typo3-base typo-env typo3-site-installer
2. create a typo3 directory with typo3-site-installer -d var/www/typo3
3. comment out the die () function in index.php (install-direcory)
Now, if i point my browser to the adress I just get

Forbidden

(p.s. I have changed the rights for typo3 to 777)

Where is my mistake?

Dietmar Fuhrmann

Ausstellungen - Multimedia - Internet
Nehringstr.16