[Typo3-debian] Installation Problems | index.php missing

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Fri Jul 23 06:11:30 CEST 2004

Hi Roland,

> I am new to typo3 and so this is my first try to install it on my local
> debian machine. Webserver (Apache) and systemrequirements do I have, and
> I think they are well configured.
> So downloaded the "quickstart" package. Extracted it to my webroot as
> told in the doku. But I am missing the folder and file
> install/index.php. I have used the tar.gz archive. When I point the
> browser to http://localhost/typo3/quickstart/install I revieve the
> message the file index.php does not exist.
> What I am doing wrong?
> Thanks for answers.

You need to download the source package too. And... You need to read a
lot more about TYPO3. Look here

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Overview_Installation

You might want to start with TYOI3 Installation Basics (under doucments
in progress) although it's not finished yet and then go back to the
finished documents.

Jean-Marie