[Typo3-debian] 1-2-3 install in browser dosn't start

Steen Christensen sc2 at irs-mail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:59:28 CET 2004

Hi group.

I have previously installed a LAMP package on a SuSE machine, but wants to
try out Debian now because I like the apt concept..

I try to install on a fresh "Sarge" on a machine without X environment.

- After succesfully installing all packages I run the typo3-site-installer
script, and creates a new site: "site1" under /var/www/

- I comment out the "die" thingy as described in the man page.

- Opening a Mozilla or Konqueror browser on another machine (remember no X
on the server) I do: http://[serverIP]/site1

- The 1-2-3 install tool dosn't start. Instead I get a dialog box with the
following message and instruction to save the file to disk:

"The file"" is of type application/x-httpd-php, and Mozilla does not know
how to handle this type" .....etc.

Same message in konqueror and in a Mozilla on a Win-box.

I've spent the evening reading almost all messages in the newsgroup, but
can not find a clue about a solution. Only the (from my point of view :-))
very frustrating messages about "all vorks fine  - good job" leaves back
an idea about me not beeing far from a succes.

I hope somebody have good ideas??

Best Regards

Steen Christensen
Tervuren, Belgium