[Typo3-debian] Virtual Domains

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jan 23 02:01:38 CET 2004

Stephan Striegel schrieb:
> Salve
> I need to configure some virtual domains under Debian/Apache in order to use them with TYPO3,so that later on every user has its own, like xyz.de/~username.
> What's the best way to manage it?

just an example, and of course not the perfect way...

<--- snip

<VirtualHost your_dotted_IP:80>
   ServerName xyz.de
   ServerAdmin webmaster at xyz.de
   DocumentRoot /var/www/xyz.de
   CustomLog /var/log/apache/xyz.de/access_log combined
   ErrorLog /var/log/apache/xyz.de/error_log
   UserDir public_html

   #
   # Options for DocumentRoot
   #
   <Directory /var/www/xyz.de>
     ServerSignature On
     DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
     Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec -Indexes
     AllowOverride All
     order allow,deny
     allow from all
   </Directory>

   #
   # Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
   # for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
   #
   <Directory /home/*/public_html>
     AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
     Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
     </Limit>
     <Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
         Order deny,allow
         Deny from all
     </Limit>
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

---> snap

[OT]:
don't use the debian package, if you want to allow your users to edit
extensions with [EXT][noEdit]=0 and you are using global extensions.
this makes it possible for a single user to crash a global extension
(like tt_news, ...), which could be used by others.
instead, provide a real copy in every user directory or allow only local
extensions.

--
cheers,
Steffen