[Typo3-debian] GD with GIF support

Michael Hirdes hirdes at elios.de
Fri Jan 16 12:20:25 CET 2004

hi,

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:44:14 +0100, Michael Stucki wrote:

> b) some legal information
>
> Where can I upload such a package? I think it has to be a server outside
> Europe, right?

as found on http://www.unisys.com/about__unisys/lzw

<quote>
The U.S. LZW patent expires June 20, 2003, the counterpart Canadian patent
expires July 7, 2004, the counterpart patents in the United Kingdom,
France, Germany and Italy expire June 18, 2004, and the Japanese
counterpart patents expire June 20, 2004.
</quote>

means: we have to find some server in the US till June 18. I think, if
we can't find any webspace donated by the community, best solution for
this temporary problem may be some free webspace
provider.(http://www.free-web-space-finder.com/detailsfr.asp?ID=22)

they offer 1 GB free traffic a month, so only for gdlib it would be o.k.

cheers,

michael

--
ELIOS