AW: [Typo3-debian] turck-mmcache & PHP Version 4.3.10-2 not workingtogether (unstable debian)

Alexander Schories alexander at schories.com
Mon Dec 27 12:57:48 CET 2004

> Does somebody use the new eAccelerator PHP accelarator with
> TYPO3 and Debian
> (stable/unstable)?
>
> For info on eAccelerator see:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/eaccelerator/

Feel free to test it, but:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1091471&group_id=12
2249&atid=692864

This makes me feel even more, that ZENDs efforrts to push their own
commercial and high priced products by changing api and elements within php,
so that "other third party" accelerator products turn outdated or even
infunctional faster and faster.

> As turck-mmcache is no longer working the Typo3 sites are
> really slow now
> ;-(

My above mentioned opinion was often critizised by others here, but
obviously they are proved wrong: Currently ONLY Zend products work with PHP
4.3.10 and latest PHP 5. At least as tested here.

But please tell us, if some other accelerator works (means without bugs or
strange limitations) at least on your machines!

Kind Regards

Alexander Schories
Tuebingen, Germany

If privacy or security of communication is on your mind, feel free to
establish a secure transmission using the PGP public key obtainable from
http://www.schories.com/alexander/pubkey/alexander_schories.asc