[Typo3-debian] Provide a useful apache.conf - sendmail, cgi problems remaining

Sven Wilhelm wilhelm at icecrash.com
Wed Dec 1 22:21:23 CET 2004

Hi Christian,

sorry for late feedback, I'm very busy at the moment.

> What are the following lines for?
>
>>         RewriteRule ^/typo3$ - [L]
>>         RewriteRule ^/typo3/.*$ - [L]
>

> The following rewriting rules ensures that all requests for missing
> files, links or directories are directed to /index.php - right?
>
>>         RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
>>         RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
>>         RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
>>         RewriteRule .* /index.php

there are to ways for user friendly urls at the moment, the simulate
static docs and the realurl extension that cannot be used the same time.

While I'm using the realurl extension for the most instances the
described mod_rewrite rules are for the realurl extension, for simulate
static see the _.htaccess examples in the packages.

For distribution packages that could be an idea to distribute a set of
most wanted extensions, the realurl could be such one.

Greetings Sven