[Typo3-debian] Problem with Imagemagick

Marc Daniel Haunschild marc-daniel at haunschilds.de
Sun Aug 29 15:41:48 CEST 2004

Michael Stucki schrieb am Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:05:00 +0200:
> > ii  imagemagick      6.0.5.2-1        Image manipulation programs
>
> This is well known with ImageMagick version 6.
>
> See http://www.mstucki.net/files/typo3/imagemagick6_wrapper/ which provides
> a solution for the problem.

Much thanks for your help! Now it works! Every generated picture looks
like the reference. But as I took a closer look at all the tests I further
noticed that the Tests "Read PDF" and "Read AI" display the picture only
in black/white whereas the reference is in color. Under "3: Scaling
images" I noticed that the pictures look alike, but the reference picture
(right hand side) has a white background and the generated picture has a
transparent background. That seems strange to me. Shouldn't this Test
examine the scaling of transparent GIF/PNG? If so, why is the reference
not transparent?

Installed pdf package is:
ii  xpdf-utils     3.00-7         Portable Document Format (PDF) suite -- util

regards,

Marc Daniel Haunschild