[Typo3-debian] Problem with Imagemagick

Marc Daniel Haunschild marc-daniel at haunschilds.de
Fri Aug 27 13:17:49 CEST 2004

Hi,

I am installing Typo3 3.6.2 on a Debian Sarge box. Up to now everything
works fine, but on thing. In the Install tool among the "3: Image
Processing" tests both of the "4: Combining images" tests fail. The first
test "Combine using a GIF mask with only black and white" fails, having the
mask inverted. I tryed all combinations of im_negate_mask/im_imvMaskState
as it is suggested in the describing text, but it had no effect. In the
second test "Combine using a JPG mask with graylevels" the pictures also
don't look alike. Here also the fading of the two pics is the wrong way
round. How can I make these two remaining tests work?

My config:

ImageMagick enabled: 1
ImageMagick path: /www/smexec/ (6.0.5)
ImageMagick path/LZW: ()
Version 5 flag: 1

GDLib enabled: 1
GDLib using PNG: 1
GDLib 2 enabled: 1
IM5 effects enabled: 1 (Blurring/Sharpening with IM 5+)
Freetype DPI: 96 (Should be 96 for Freetype 2)
Mask invert: 0 (Should be set for some IM versions approx. 5.4+)

File Formats: gif,jpg,jpeg,tif,bmp,pcx,tga,png,pdf,ai

Some of the installed packages:

||/ Name             Version          Description
ii  apache           1.3.31-3         Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
ii  php4             4.3.4-4          A server-side, HTML-embedded scripting language
ii  php4-gd2         4.3.2+rc3-2      GD module (with GD2) for php4
ii  imagemagick      6.0.5.2-1        Image manipulation programs
ii  libgd2           2.0.28-2         GD Graphics Library version 2
ii  libgd1           1.8.4-36         GD Graphics Library (transitional package)
ii  libfreetype6     2.1.5-1          FreeType 2 font engine, shared library files