[Typo3-debian] Sarge + PHP4-GD2 with gif dont work

Rene Dustmann renedustmann at maxx2.de
Thu Aug 12 19:49:48 CEST 2004

Am Wed, 11 Aug 2004 20:31:11 +0200 schrieb Alexander Schories:

> [...]

i tried it again and the result was: a new gd.so was placed at the right
position but php didn´t get gd support - something works wrong!!

>> i look for an easy and comprehensible solution to get the gif
>> support on a sarge based system. this was the reason why
>> apt-get looks convincing to me.
>> ... suffering from "a little bit" different systems...
>>
>> Tomorrow i will make a new try and i will report it. Without
>> success i will wait for Michael Stuckis package...
>
> Why don`t you use the gd stuff from sid? It should be fine.
>
> Although Michaels packages will be great as well. :)

yes, indeed! it does it since some minutes quite well and the gif problem
is solved.

only some question marks stay in mind whats happend with php versus gd :/
- maybe this patched gd is wrong -
i`ll put them on the hill with all the other question marks earned since
working with computers ...

thank you for your assistance and a compliment to Michael Stucki for his
debianising work!!

bye - rene