[Typo3-debian] Sarge + PHP4-GD2 with gif dont work

Rene Dustmann renedustmann at maxx2.de
Tue Aug 10 19:01:39 CEST 2004

Am Tue, 10 Aug 2004 12:31:50 +0200 schrieb Michael Stucki:

> Rene Dustmann wrote:
>
>> there is a install prob on Sarge with apache 1.3.29 / php 4.3.4
>>
>> everything works fine with NoGIF but if i install the WithGIF Version
>> (thanks to A. Schories, M. Stucki...) i can´t reinstall php4-gd2 after the
>> "clean-up" because php4-gd2 asking for libgd2-xpm.
>
> Of course!
>
> The packages are made for Woody not Sarge.
> You will need to recompile the source packages or wait until I have them
> ready for Sarge (will take some weeks I think).
>
> - michael

hi michael,

thks for reply - but i didn´t use the package!

i tried this at a working sarge:

***  A solution for debian sarge and debian sid  ***
***        for a working gd2 installation        ***
***           (even with gif support)            ***
***                   for Typo3                  ***
***               as of 04.07.2004               ***

by alexander schories -  but it did not work as written above.

regular the gd2-withgif had to be found if the files are at the right
place... it seems that some path information is missing.

/ rene /