[Typo3-debian] Migrating typo3-installations from non-debian-machine to debian-machine?

Hanno 'Rince' Wagner wagner at rince.de
Wed Apr 28 19:12:54 CEST 2004

Hi,

I haev a website created with typo3 running on Linux, but a
non-debian-linux with a handmade-installation of Typo3. Since I have
to upgrade/recreate that machine anyway (new hardware, new admins),
I already decided to go to Debian and use the Debian-Package of
typo3.

Now my problem: I know that nearly everything of Typo3 is within the
database. But how can I "migrate" my old website to the new machine?
Wenn I try the typo3-installation-package and have put the old site
already in the MySQL-Database, the installation suggests not to use
the "old" installation-database since it will overwrite all relevant
table.

So what is the best way to migrate my website?

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince at IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

#"<laura> Das muss ich nicht pollen, das angel ich mir aus dem spool."
#	-- Beruehmte letzte Worte.