[Typo3-debian] lockSSL didn't work

Frank Becker fb at alien8.de
Wed Sep 10 00:27:07 CEST 2003

Thus spake Michael Stucki (mundaun at gmx.ch)
	on Mon, 18 Aug, 2003; 20:15 +0200:

Hi,

sorry for the long silence...

> >> But the code of the Debian package and the official source should
> >> always stay in synch (you agree?).
>
> > I see your point but I don't agree. With the deb source package comes
> > a diff file to the original source. There you can alwayls see what has
> > changed. As an example: Consider all those security patches even
> > backported.
>
> I agree. I know about this feature, however I don't know how to make this.
> Could you please help me out with a small example (e.g. for the lockSSL
> issue) so that I see how things work?

According to
http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-build.en.html
the *diff.gz is genereated automatically.

I'm not 100% sure but once you start the Debian Package with dh_make
you give it the source tarball with the option -f.
( http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/ch-first.en.html#s-dh_make ):
Thus, later on dpkg-buildpackage will be able to create the diff.

Bye,

Frank

--
Frank Becker <fb at alien8.de>
GnuPG: 0xADC29ECD | F01B 5E9C 1D09 981B 5B40 50D3 C80F 7459 ADC2 9ECD