[Typo3-debian] Re: TYPO3 on Sarge / Sid (was: Re: [Typo3-debian] MySQL connection error while trying to install TYPO3)

Edelhard Becker typo3 at edelhard.de
Thu Sep 4 22:14:33 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 06:34:34PM +0200, Michael Stucki wrote:

> OK. But I think that was already clear: We just say that Sarge is currently
> not supported.

oouuch, sorry, of course .. completely misread what you wrote ..

> > IMHO building a meta-package just for sarge-early-sep-2003 is not
> > worth the effort,really ...
>
> And what about Sid? I think it worked there, didn't it?

Yes, i have it working on my system but at the moment it's not
installable from scratch. PHP4 is (again) going through major changes
and actually there's 4.3.2+rc3-6 in the distribution (since two or
three days ..). Unfortunately that one breaks a dependency on php4-gd2
(it depends on zendapi-20020429 but PHP4_4.3.2+rc3-6 provides
phpapi-20020918, just a name change AFAIK so it should be fixed
quickly).
Two days ago when offering the php4 update, synaptic wanted to
de-install php4-gd2 (and a few other packages that depend on it on my
system), so i just put php4_4.3.2+rc3-4 on hold. I'll have an eye on
that and will inform you as soon as there are installable (an working)
packages in the archive.

Greetings,
Edelhard
--