[Typo3-debian] php4-gd2 + testing/unstable DEBIAN version

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:58:14 CEST 2003

Hi All,

As I now know php4-gd2 isn't working on a testing/unstable Debian version.
I'm trying to see if I can make this php4-gd2 work on a testing/unstable
version. I first checked the version of php4-gd2 I have installed on my
machine. If someone is interested are you willing to take a look with me to
see if we can get php4-gd2 support under testing/unstable version of Debian?

dpkg -s php4-gd2
--------------------
Package: php4-gd2
Section: web
Installed-Size: 160
Maintainer: Adam Conrad <adconrad at 0c3.net>
Version: 3:4.3.2+rc3-1
Replaces: php4-gd
Provides: php4-gd
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.3.2-1), libfreetype6 (>= 2.1.4-1), libgd2-xpm (>=
2.0.15), libjpeg62, libpng12-0 (>= 1.2.5.0-4), t1lib1, xlibs (>> 4.1.0),
zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.4), zendapi-20020429, debconf (>= 0.5)
Conflicts: php4-gd
 This package provides a module for handling graphics directly from PHP
 scripts. It supports the PNG, JPEG, XPM and ttf fonts. It is compiled with
 libgd2, so it has more functions, but it may happen, that what worked with
 php4-gd will not or will have strange results. This will be hopefuly fixed
 with newer libgd2.
 .
 PHP4 is an HTML-embedded scripting language. Much of its syntax is borrowed
 from C, Java and Perl with a couple of unique PHP-specific features thrown
 in. The goal of the language is to allow web developers to write
 dynamically generated pages quickly.

So this is the version I have installed on my machine. Is it possible to
install another version number of php4-gd2 under Debian? Perhaps with an
older version it's possible to get php4-gd2 working. This is not typo3
related I guess so let me know if this is okay to post this in this
newsgroup. For sure if we see a GD entry if we enter phpinfo(); it will work
for TYPO3 as well. Now I have installed php4-gd2 and it's perfectly
installed, added the extension=gd.so to /etc/php4/apache/php.ini and
restarted apache but phpinfo(); won't show the GD entry in the tables.

So let's see if we can get this baby to run on testing/unstable Debain
version.

Regards

Jordan van Bergen
jordanvanbergen at hotmail.com