[Typo3-debian] Wondering why typo3-base installs in /var/lib

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Oct 23 19:20:54 CEST 2003

Christian Jul Jensen wrote:

>> Is it required that the Debian packages have the directories typo3/ext
>> and typo3/temp to be writable?

> From TYPO3 3.6.0-dev/CHANGELOG.txt;

> !!! typo3/temp/ has been cancelled. Changed to typo3/icons/ for STATIC
> icons and PATH_site.typo3temp/ is now used for the locally generated
> icons. So no more typo3/temp/ to be writable.

Did't look at this yet. Thanks, I will have a look at it.

> I'm not sure about typo3/ext

I think this won't disappear since it doesn't make sense to update the same
extension on multiple sites that use the same source.

Would it be valid that files in /usr/share were read-writable?

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html