[Typo3-debian] symlink from site to source

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Oct 12 18:50:03 CEST 2003

Steffen Mueller wrote:

> the symlink /var/lib/typo3/latest is unused in this configuration.
> shouldn't /var/www/mysite/typo3_src point to "latest" instead of
> "typo3_src-3.5.0, to make use of it? switching to a new version for
> multiple sites could be more easy.

That wouldn't be good! If you ever did an upgrade from one version to the
next, you will know that users have to update some static tables.

Since I cannot automate this yet it is safe to point to typo3_src-3.5.0.
However you are free to change the symlink in your site and use 'latest'
instead. But keep in mind that your installation won't work right after an
update.

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html