[Typo3-debian] Problem with typo3 quickstart installation

Tobias Graf Tobias.Graf at gmx.net
Wed Oct 8 02:28:33 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm currently trying to install typo3 quickstart (following the tutorial) on
a debian (woody) system, but so far I wasn't vey successful.  My problem is,
that when I'm trying to start the quickstart installation, I only get an

The main problem I have is, that I don't get an error message and also the
apache error log is empty (access log show, that everything is ok!).  So I've
no idea what's going wrong.  I was playing around with suPHP and VirtualHosts
lately but I believ I completly removed all traces in my httpd.conf.

I tried the *.zip file and also the Unix *tgz archies, I didn't tried the
special debian packages yet.

I'm currently using a php 4.3 backport, but I also tried the debian stable
version. A copy of my phpinfo() can be found here:
http://213.133.111.136/test.php

I most probably did a configuration error, but I can't figure out where.
Maybe somebody encountered a similar problem and could point me in the right
direction.

Greetings,
Tobias