[Typo3-debian] Some questions about unstable install

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Fri Nov 21 16:29:31 CET 2003

Lars E. D. Jensen wrote:

> What if I only want to install some backports, e.g. apache, php,
> imagemagick etc.

Why do you want to do that? I'm still very happy with my Apache 1.3.26 cause
it still works perfect!

> Do I find something like this for woody:
> http://debian.netfarm.it/debian/dists/woody/

http://www.apt-get.org/

Just keep in mind that there seem to be many problems with such backports. I
remember some posts in this group where people could not use the GD
features anymore because the new (backported) php-gd extension was
incompatible to the original (not backported, still from Woody) GD library.

> How do I install a backport?

- add the source to /etc/apt/sources.list and re-run apt-get update/upgrade
- or install the packages manually using 'dpkg -i <packagename.deb>'

> And is the security patches still available when using backports?

Of course, official (from Debian) security patches are only provided for the
official Woody packages!

- michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html