[Typo3-debian] Partitioning a dedicated debian typo3 server?

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Fri May 30 02:50:29 CEST 2003

hi everybody

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> -> /var gets an own partition
> -> swap memory
> -> /home is also an own partition (optional)
> -> / for the rest
additional, i created a seperate partition for /tmp and /var/log:
- misbehavior caused by an overflowing log-partition is minimized,
though i never experienced, if this prevents trouble at all.
- some paranoia made me seperating /tmp and add noexec/nosuid options in
/etc/fstab. see manpage of mount for further mounting instructions.

 > Sizes:
 > The swap partition should have the same size as your memory.

for swap, i use to spend double amount of memory space. some
documentation on the web instructed me, not to spend more than 1 gig for
swap and that worked for me. for best performance, switch of swap and
increase ram size.

--
cheers,
Steffen