[Typo3-debian] Partitioning a dedicated debian typo3 server?

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu May 29 19:10:30 CEST 2003

Hi Lars,

> How do you partition your harddrives?
> I have some ideas, but would like to hear how others has done their
> partitioning... :)

- Debian has its www directory located in /var
- /home may increase a little bit if you use this for testing issues etc.
- all other directories should not increase their size much

-> /var gets an own partition
-> swap memory
-> /home is also an own partition (optional)
-> / for the rest

Order:
Put the most used partition to the beginning of the row. I would use the
swap partition there, next to the /var partition.

Sizes:
The swap partition should have the same size as your memory.
Use enough for your / partition (I use 3GB of a 30GB disk), 2GB for /home
and use the rest (biggest part) for /var.

Hope this helps

Cheers - michael