[Typo3-debian] TYPO3 using packages from repository only

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu May 22 12:36:59 CEST 2003

Thomas Lorenzen wrote:

> If anyone nows how to get absolutely all functions i TYPO3 to work using
> only debian packages from repository, will you post here please?

> I "only" need your full list of installed packages and in what order you
> installed them.

These are a few lines of my control file:

===
Source: typo3-src
Section: web
Maintainer: Michael Stucki <mundaun at gmx.ch>
Build-Depends-Indep: debhelper (>= 4)
Standards-Version: 3.5.8

Package: typo3-base
Architecture: all
Depends: apache, php4, php4-mysql, exim | mail-transport-agent
Recommends: mysql-server (>= 3.23.1-1), php4-gd | php4-gd2, php4-cgi,
 imagemagick, gs, diff, xpdf-utils, catdoc

Package: typo3-env
Architecture: all
Depends: typo3-base, apache, php4, php4-mysql, exim | mail-transport-agent,
 mysql-server (>= 3.23.1-1), php4-gd | php4-gd2, php4-cgi, imagemagick, gs,
 diff, xpdf-utils, catdoc
===

typo3-base is the standard package. It just contains all the stuff from
source and depends on the things that are really needed.
Since you could also run your MySQL server on another computer, typo3-base
will not depend on mysql-server. It simply recommends it.

Since apt-get does not care about recommendations (it just ignores them -
but dselect would list them) I have also created a new package:
typo3-env is a dummy-package which depends on all stuff, including
mysql-server, imagemagick, etc.

Use the packages listed there and everything should work fine... :-)

Hope this helps.
Cheers - michael