[Typo3-debian] typo3 on woody, manual install

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Tue May 20 15:41:00 CEST 2003

Hi Thomas,

> Do not install: Apache, php, freetype, imagemagick, libjpeg etc. etc.
> Use Leuchter's LAMP installer, but edit build_all.sh, so the RPMs are not
> installed... (those packages are covered by the MySQL and xfree86 packages
> from dselect)

Definitely not the easiest way!

Use the packages that are shipped with Debian. Then (only then) you won't
have to carry about updates, security issues, etc. (although you still have
to run apt-get manually of course).

> That should do it, I have never been able to get .ai-files to work, so if
> anyone nows how to do that on debian?

OK, so they don't work - who cares? Would you really need this if you
could?! (AI => Adobe Illustrator)

I'm not sure, but I think the PDF files just don't work in the installer but
work fine in the BE of TYPO3. Could someone please test this?

> I guess I need to install other packages prior to running the LAMP
> installer. (ie. gs gives PDF support)

Hmmm. You should really avoid doing that!
Do not try to break your package database - better keep using the packages
from the Debian repository!

By the way, I'm currently working again on the Debian package of TYPO3. I
hope to get the next version finished by this evening. If anybody has
suggestions and comments, please write a short mail to me or to this list.

If someone could do that for me, please send me your localconf.php if you
think the ImageMagick settings are correct. I'm still not sure if my ones
are all right, and I want to install an initiating default of this file.
(Please put a note if you're using php4-gd or php4-gd2!)

Cheers - michael