[Typo3-debian] Multihosting using the debian package

Steffen Mueller steffen at davis.kommwiss.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 16 21:27:59 CEST 2003

Michael Stucki schrieb:

>> Could the base and
>>installer packages be put on the public server and each customer
>>(assumed [s]he has shell access and an own mysql id) would call the
>>installer for each Typo3 site below his/her local webspace?

that should be working, shouldn't it? (my actual question)
*a bit unsure*

> I think the easiest way to assure this is to dissallow symlinks to users.
> Another idea could be to disable shell access for this user...

provide an apache with safemode-on and symlinks-off (and-so-on), and,
additionally, a second apache-thread without safemode just for typo3.

> However I even don't see how we could handle this restricted source access.
> Any ideas?

i don't see a problem/security risk in accessing the same sources.
please give me a hint.

--
cheers,
Steffen