[Typo3-debian] error message

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Thu Jun 12 10:59:57 CEST 2003

Lars E. D. Jensen wrote:

> In what order should I install the packages ?  Should it be like on
> http://typo3.sunsite.dk/software/debian/ ?
> step 1 : apt-get update && apt-get install typo3-base
> step 2 : apt-get install typo3-env
> and then
> step 3 : apt-get install typo3-site-installer

typo3-base:
- contains the source
- does not depend on other packages like mysql-server, imagemagick, etc.
- it would be possible to run TYPO3 only with this package

typo3-site-installer:
- simply the installer script

typo3-env:
- full TYPO3 environment
- depends on typo3-base, typo3-site-installer
- depends on mysql-server, imagemagick, etc.

=> Run 'apt-get install typo3-env' and everything will be installed.

The reason why typo3-base does not depend on mysql-server etc. is that it
may be possible that someone wants to run the database on another server.
It may also be possible that this person doesn't want to use ImageMagick and
doesn't like to install it.

For most people it's ok to simply install the whole environment (typo3-env).

Hope this helps.

Cheers - michael