[Typo3-debian] What does the debian packages install?

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Tue Jun 10 13:38:15 CEST 2003

Hi Rob,

> Hm... (?) So, in difference to the LLeuchter-package for SuSE, your
> package seems not to install all modules by default, but only if not
> installed yet, right? Or doesn't it install apache, mysql at all?

The packages do only contain the TYPO3 source. However they do also depend
on the packages like Apache, PHP4, etc.

So you can still use the packages that are shipped with Debian. If you
installed them before or now (cause typo3-env depends on them) doesn't
matter.

> Still confused ;-) and unsure. I'm missing a functional description of
> what happens when entering:

Sorry but this is just too clear to me, and I don't want to write a Debian
beginners howto. Things like package dependencies etc. are Debian specific
and have nothing to do with the typo3-packages.

Cheers - michael