[Typo3-debian] Imagemagick 5.5.7 problems

Cousins cousins at cousins.in-newzealand.com
Sun Jun 1 10:18:36 CEST 2003

System: Debian, apache 1.3.27, php 4.2.3, mysql 3.23.56, GD2 with freetype,
IM 5.5.7, Typo3 v3.5.0rc1

I need advice from anyone who runs IM v5.5.7 - I _had_ three working
websites that were about to go live when the facility that hosts the
machine moved to a new building and at the same time took the opportunity
to upgrade a few bits and pieces. Unfortunately one of the upgrades was to
move from ImageMagick v5.4.6 to v5.5.7 - now my images come out inverse of
how they should. See
http://trelissick.in-nz.com/Typoserver001/index.php   - NOTE: they were
blue textured buttons with black text before- now they are black with blue
textured text !!... I've tried going through the install routine and
modifying various suggested masks to no effect - what I'd like to know is
if anyone has 5.5.7 running properly - could they please advise the
localconf.php settings they have used _and_ which versions of GD, libpng,
etc they are using - the sysadmin has upgraded libpng which now actually
allows the graphics to display - before he did this I could not get the
pages to render at all in the browser due to broken libs.

Ian Cousins
New Zealand