[Typo3-debian] GDlib - quality problem

Christian Hennen malk at gmx.net
Sat Jul 12 13:46:43 CEST 2003

Hi everyone.

I've looked in the archive of this list, and didn't found my problem.
I'm running Typo3 on a Debian server. This Data may be interesting:
OTHER: TYPO3_VERSION: 3.5.0
OTHER: PHP_VERSION  : 4.1.2
OTHER: memory_limit : 32M
SERVER: SERVER_SOFTW: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux PHP/4.1.2
SERVER: GATEWAY_INTE: CGI/1.1
T3CV_GFX: image_proc: 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib     : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_png : 1
T3CV_GFX: gdlib_2   : 0
T3CV_GFX: im        : 1
T3CV_GFX: im_path   : /usr/local/im429/
T3CV_GFX: im_path_lz: /usr/local/im429/
T3CV_GFX: im_version: 0
T3CV_GFX: im_negate_: 0
T3CV_GFX: im_imvMask: 0
T3CV_GFX: im_combine: combine

Now to the problem. I CAN create images, I CAN use freetype. But when
I use th GD functions, the image quality is very bad, there are fewer
colors.
You can see that here:
http://134.99.12.238/gd1.jpg

I'm using a GMENU with a custom font, and this works fine. But when I
add shadow options, It'll look very bad.

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance,
Christian Hennen