[Typo3-debian] GD with GIF support: Apache segfaults

Scott Bronson bronson at rinspin.com
Sat Jul 12 07:08:53 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 19:32, Michael Stucki wrote:
> > So why not have typo3-nonfree package (alongside gimp1.3-nonfree,
> > etc)?  The precedent is definitely there.
>
> Actually this has nothing to do with Typo3! It's just a whole replacement
> for ImageMagick and libgd2. You could also use them with any other program.

Er, you're right.  :)  But, if Debian can host a gif-enabled Gimp in
nonfree then, hypothetically, why couldn't they also host gif-enabled
imagemagick and libgd2?

> For libgd2, this would be much harder to do. The reason for this is that new
> GD libraries needed to be patched because they have no more LZW-related
> code inside.

I was afraid of that.  I did some google searching and couldn't
unearth any patches that looked reliable.  Do you know of any
offhand?  If I can manage to create decent gif-enabled .debs,
I'll put them up on my DSL line.

This will all be moot soon.  A year is not a lot of time...  :)

    - Scott