[Typo3-debian] libgd2 version 2.0.15-1 seems ok

Luite van Zelst luite at aegee.org
Sat Aug 23 12:17:19 CEST 2003

> after putting up with libgd1 for a few days I tried again with gd2 today.
> version 2.0.15-1 is installed and seems to work fine. I deleted all
> temporary images and cleared the cache, and the images get created just
> fine!

too bad, I spoke to quickly... I still get curious segfaults, but a apache
child only crashes after 2 or 3 request per child. feels like memory
allocation problems to me. but I can't be sure.

So I thought, why no try to trace the problem. Seems like a good chance to
dive even deeper into the waters of linux!

if you read this:

http://bugs.php.net/bugs-generating-backtrace.php

it says you can only do a backtrace with gdb if you can create a
core-file, which depends on the fact if php was compiled with
"--enable-debug". Debian packages are compiled with "--disable-debug" it
seems.

any guru out there who knows who to get into the problem? or maybe point
me to a better place to ask these questions? obviously, this is not really
typo3 related any more ;-)

thanx, Luite.