[Typo3-debian] Problems with tr_TR and PHP stable debian package

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Aug 23 09:43:25 CEST 2003

Hi folks,

having problems with setting config.locale_all = tr_TR I found out that
these problems are related to PHP. There are several Problems with
lowercasing characters in PHP 4.1.2 (which is AFAIK the "stable" package for
debian woody), since for example an "I" doesn't exist in the turkish
characterset and is lowercased to "ý". These bugs should be fixed with PHP
4.3.x but as far as I know there are several other Typo3 problems when
upgrading to this version. So could someone who is running debian woody with
PHP 4.3.x please tell me if Typo3 is running stable or not AND what code has
to be changed to get Typo3 running with this configuration.

Thanx

Joey