[Typo3-debian] typo3-base 3.5.0-2 tested

Edelhard Becker becker at edelhard.de
Thu Apr 17 18:22:38 CEST 2003

Hi together,

On Thu, Apr 17, 2003 at 03:23:45PM +0200, Michael Stucki wrote:

> > This was some time ago before we had this list. I did not find it now, so
> > I go and ask the "mass-providers" again (see mail in 'typo3-english')...
>
> See the reply of Jan-Hendrik Heuing:
>
> ======
> YES, and necessary:
>
> If you have a lot of projects running, you are not able to update them in
> one turn. There are even sites which you can't update straight away. That is
> why we take care of each of the bigger projects individualy.
>
> Otherwise you could just use one installation... ;-)
>
> jhh
> ======
>
> So we have to continue with the ability of having different versions
> co-existing.

<personalsidenote>
  i still think that people running sid are developers / geeks / ...
  who always want to run the latest software. A professional webhoster
  will run his personal fine-tuned version of woody and installs a new
  release of whatever package after extensive testing. They can do a
  parallel install e.g. with 'dpkg -i --instdir=dir', but
</personalsidenote>

if this really is necessary ...

> How can we handle this? Linux-Kernel-Package-Like? Edelhard?

... that'd be the way to go. But be aware that you as maintainer have
to decide when to increase the number-in-the-name (i.e. which new
upstream is "worth" being installed in parallel).

Greetings,
Edelhard
--
~