[TYPO3-UG CH] German/French Meeting

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Wed Sep 24 11:56:06 CEST 2008

Hi Francois,

>> Development
>>    - Dynamically create tt_content items containing FCEs
>
> Sitting with Mario at the OpenExpo working a first tentative schedule,
> we stumbled on that talk. Who proposed it? Xavier? What is it about
> exactly?

That's me :-)

This is an advanced talk!

The problem is as follows. I'm working on an extension that creates new
pages. I would like to populate these pages with a few initial
tt_content items. This may be lists, text, text with images, ... No
problem! But if I want to include a FCE I defined (for instance a 3
columns FCE - type = container for elements), I would like to create
this FCE and put some "standard" tt_content items in each of the columns.

In tt_content table, you have a record containing a flexform with the
XML of the FCE and in each "column" definition (in my case) I get an ID
which in turn is a foreign key to other tt_content records.

The problem is how to get the XML to be saved in the flexform field with
placeholder for the foreign keys or, better, how to get a description of
available fields in the FCE (with their name for instance) and then
which is the method to be used to give a method the foreign keys and get
back the XML to be saved.

The Flexform editor in backend does this already to let a BE user create
elements inside a FCE. I just want to do this by code...

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html