[TYPO3-UG CH] Meeting the French group

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu Sep 4 21:29:23 CEST 2008

Hi,

Thanks Daniela and Mario for your feedback.

> I just thought that we could go on to talk another 2 weeks about the
> little detail called "location" - or just start organizing something and
> just look what happens then. It's somehow the same way as we organized
> the T3DD06 - we didn't know who's coming, if it's working out at all,
> ... But it finally worked out pretty well. So I hope it will work the
> same way with this event.

Agreed.

> Lack of discussion-participants
> We found out, that only about 50% of the participants of yesterday's
> meeting subscribed this mailing list or read the newsgroup. In other
> words, most of them didn't know about this discussion - but they
> promised to immediately join the newsgroup/mailinglist.

Great.

> Date
> There should be enough time before the event to register (otherwise many
> persons that are interested could have conflicts with other
> appointments). 2-3+ monts are considered good for this

Seems reasonable to me too. Now in 3 months it will be December and
everybody will be very busy. How about we aim for (end of) January 2009?

> Schedule
> Having several talks all over the day was accepted. Having two tracks in
> parallel would also be a good idea if we have enough speakers/talks
> which can be "split" by topic (e.g. a editor related topic and a
> developer topic)

I'm a bit hesitant about the 2-track setup as it often gets frustrating
when one want to attend two talks at the same time :-)

I guess it is manageable but then we have to make sure that the talks
really have a very different target audience. Maybe not all day needs to
be split into 2 tracks either.

> Topics
> The audience expects not exclusively low-tech topics, neither
> exclusively complicated developer topics. There should be talks from
> different levels to attract developers the same way as persons new to TYPO3.

Fair enough.

> Location
> As we had several persons from GR with us yesterday, Fribourg was not
> really accepted as location (too far away for them). But they also liked
> the idea of Olten, was it's reacheable for them.

Agreed. Maybe we should still check the hotel in Bern, but I fear it
will be too expensive.

> Price
> I told about the "per-person-per-day" price of Olten's Bahnhofbuffet
> which is about 50-60 CHF which seemed to be no problem for anyone.

It does seem very reasonable indeed.

> Will to attend
> Of 16 participants yesterday, approx 80-90% would like to attend such a
> swiss-wide meeting.

Wonderful news. Now I'm really looking forward to that event :-)

Xavier has already opened a thread about topics (it's the one entitled
"German/French Meeting", so we can continue adding stuff there.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter