[Typo3-UG CH] Server Configuration PHP Hostpoint

Simon Tuck e-mailNO at SPAMeyejet.com
Sat Apr 17 20:10:43 CEST 2004

Stefan Kaufmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am hosting a few websites at hostpoint.ch
> Hostpoint is running a few servers in different configurations at this
> time.
> On newer servers FreeBSD 4.9 is installed with PHP running as CGI module.
>
> With this configuration I had problems connecting to the Online
> Repository, cause of a 'allow_url_fopen' error
> .htaccess files do not work of course and the Hostpoint Support
> recommendation to use a loca php.ini file was unsuccessful too.
>
> I added then this at the beginning of the 'class.t3lib_div.php' file:
>
> ini_set("allow_url_fopen", "1");
>
> Problem solved.
> Hope it helps someone, hosting on Hostpoint.
>
> Cheers
> Stefan(at)dwwd.ch
> CH-Typo3-User

alternatively you could try enabling curl in the configurations panel of
the installation menu ($TYPO3_CONF_VARS['SYS']['curlUse']). see also
relevant source code class.t3lib_div.php, lines 1929 - 1937 (3.6rc2)