[Typo3-UG CH] install tool, database password, mysql connection failure

Christina Mannott christina.mannott at shlink.ch
Mon Jun 16 06:59:26 CEST 2003

Hello

I have installed Typo3 Quickstart. The install tool doesn't seem to do what
it should be doing. It would not accept database passwords and as a
consequence it cannot connect to mysql. Apache works and the only link that
also works is to the document/tutorial. If I try to get into the frontend
and backend tools it keeps on telling me that the current username, password
or host was not accepted. Even the link to the install tool doesn't work, I
get to it through start/programs/typo3... even there must be something
wrong...

I looked for answers everywhere and as a newbie I don't have much experience
with program codes such as functions, exit lines etc. I don't know what to
do :-)

Can anybody help me?

Christina