[TYPO3-UG Berlin] template record doesn't fire html file

chris Wolff chris at connye.com
Sun Jul 7 16:53:23 CEST 2013

Hi Nick Welcome to the Typo3 Comunity,

here are some hints:
1. its a helpfull if you post your Typoscript if you have a typoscript
problem (and thats what it looks like for me).

2. there are alot of different mailing lists you could subscripte too.
typo3-berlin .which is the Usergroup berlin mailing list this is
mainly for organizing the usergroup meetings and the language on this
list ist usually german :)
and this group is normaly not used for "support" questions.

for support you should try:
typo3-german (in german language)
TYPO3-english (in english language)

these are both very active lists so you will get a lot of mails so you
should setup a filter to sort the mails in a folder in your mail
programm or you might get lost)

at last here is an examle Typoscript code for Including an HTML - TEMPLATE

** typoscript setup **
# Defining the Page Object
page = PAGE
page{
  # Defining the First Content Object of type Template
  10 = TEMPLATE
  # Defining the Template source (also a Content Object here of Type FILE)
  10.template = FILE
  # Defining the source for the FILE content Object
  10.template.file = fileadmin/template/mytemplate.html
}

** end typoscript setup **
this examle is the most basic form of a file TEMPLATE i dont define
markers or supparts wich basicaly measn it includes the file as it is.

p.s. there other templating systems like FLUID TEMPLATE which require
different setup.

regards chris

2013/7/7  <jmf at nomadsofinfinity.org>:
> So, I'm quite a noob with both, Typo3 and mailinglists, hence I might look
> like one ;)
>
> I installed typo3(ip) 6.1 on my server, several times actually, might be
> worth mentioning as a possible source of error. Means I deleted both the
> complete folder structure and the formerly used mysql-db zwice and started
> all over with the installation process.
>
> I got the cms installed however and it looks real fine, introduction package
> pages work all well, looks stable.
> I went through a couple of tutorials, last I tried was:
> http://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/TemplatingTutorial/Index.html
>
> It all goes perfectly smooth until the ever same point: When I try to use
> setup code in the ts template record to fire the famous .html-file stored
> properly in my fileadmin/template folder.
> I tried several lines, from the tutorial, from tsRef, it all doesn't show
> anything but a blank screen. If I open the .html with my browser directly,
> it shows a pretty neat site. ts code for e.g. 'Hello World' TEXT also works
> and shows visibly.
>
> Hence, after all I understand, there is a problem with typo3 effectively
> executing this file from the storage.
> Can anybody help?
>
> regards,
> nick

christian wolff - webdeveloper, tech-loving geek and typo3 enthusiast
telefon: +49 30 347 244 88
mobil:  +49 179 49 44 758
email: chris at connye.com
adresse: friedelstraße 31 - 12047 berlin

xing-profil: http://www.xing.com/profile/Christian_Wolff43
google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/115669673917212236875/posts?hl=de
facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1stMachine
flattr: https://flattr.com/profile/1stmachine