[Typo3-UG Oesterreich] Direct Mail Modul/Deutsches Interface

Franz Kratochvil typo3 at kratochvil.com
Thu Sep 30 20:35:51 CEST 2004

Christian Kurta wrote:

> ich wäre auch interessiert, aber geplant ist ja, dass das dmail "modul" aus
> der Basis in ein modul wandert, weil momentan ist's ja noch ziemlich fix drin
> im core.

Hallo,

zu diesem Thema erlaube ich mir, ein Posting von Ole Brockhuus aus der
Group typo3.directmail (jaja, sowas gibts), das grad reingekommen ist,
hier rein zu c&p'en:

------
Hi List

I had a meeting with Jan-Erik who's in charge of development of the direct
mail module.

We agreed to share some work of the future development where he would do
the development and I would contribute with ideas and designs for the
workflow of the module hopefully making it easier to use. I would
definitely like any kind of input to this part.

We agreed on the following development. (Please contribute and correct
if I'm wrong and we definitely need a WIKI or something to structure
this better):

Roadmap for Direct mail

planned development

In proces

Take the extension out of web->Plugin, and then

remove the dmail class from the T3 Core.

Next steps

redesign userinterface, so its more intuitive

Making categories work as in normal plugins (elements on pages as in
tt_news) and not as now in TS-config and remove the limit of 32 categories

Give editors rights to certain categories, so that they can't send to
all users but only the categories that are in there own targetgroup

Let logged in users subscribe without the verification proces of sending
mails back and forth.

Listing categories for subscriptions should be dependable on user rights
(login) and views (maybe targetgroups og just by using storagepages).
Just like ordinary modules (i.e. tt_news), so that lists easily can be
customized without changing a template every time. In other words
repetitive fields like products in tt_products.

regards

Ole Brockhuus