[Tycon3] blurry video quality

Thomas Oppelt t.content at gmx.de
Wed Sep 21 18:23:07 CEST 2005

Hi Fabrizio,

my acknowledgment for your great engagement. i just want to add that you
could also grab the video signal after looping it through a
scanconverter (most university multimedia labs own that ;) ? ), by doing
this you don't need to install any sw on speakers laptops to get it over
lan. it might be necessary to amplify the signal, cause lots of laptops
have evil output signals. we made good experiences with that. it might
also be interesting to combine the whole stuff (speaker and presentation
slides/streams) within one single player e.g. by SMIL if you are using
realmedia. maybe have a look at one of the videos available here:
http://www.rrzn.uni-hannover.de/pysikertagung.html
(sorry, thats just german stuff ;), and needs a bit bandwith ;) )

greets & thx again
tom