[Tycon3] Some feedback

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Wed Sep 21 11:43:46 CEST 2005

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank the organisers and the speakers for
making the first TYCON3 a very pleasant and interesting event. I had a
very good and profitable time.

Now since anything can always be improved, here are a couple of points I
would like to raise in the hope that they will be considered as
constructive and not negative :-)

- I found it hard to get in touch with a specific person and even
knowing whether a given person was preset or not. In many conferences,
lists of participants are handed out. A kind of message board could have
been useful too.

- Additional information on the name tags could help make contact, for
example the company/entity the person belongs to and maybe the country flag.

- Having organised a couple of events myself, I know that the most
expensive single thing is the location, so this is not easy. However I
found this hotel rather inappropriate. My main gripe is that there was
very little room to stop and talk to people. Coming out the conference
rooms, the corridor was very tight and then we were directly in the
hotel lobby; then the bar and the restaurant, which didn't offer much
more space for 200 people. Fortunately, the wheather was good and we
could spill outside.

- The conference dinner was nice but people could not mix easily, since
most tables were rather small (or long rectangular ones). I have been to
a few conferences where we had large round table (10-12 people) and this
makes it easier to meet new people. This could even be encouraged by
having people pick a table number at random.

Anyway thanks again.

--

Francois Suter