[Tycon3] Helping hands needed

Jan Galinski typo3-news at geebees.net
Wed Jun 22 17:45:50 CEST 2005

Hi Juergen, Hi List,

I am just collecting some spontaneous thoughts that might be interesting
to consider, no harm intended! (Just imagine the appropriate emoticon
where suitable :-) )

Thanks for the offer, but participating at the event does not mean "work
there". How could I visit talks or learn from tutorials while I am
cooking coffee, making copies or cleaning toilets?

"Work on one day - have fun the other" would be an acceptable ratio, but
that would de facto lead to a per hour compensation of 20 Eur or more
for the "Helping Hands". I don't know what positions you had in mind
(toilet cleaner was a joke), but you should be able to find helping
students with conference experience that already worked in teams in
Karlsruhe for that money.
They won't know the software but could tell me the shortest way to my
hotel, which room my conference is taking place in and look good in
suits/costumes.

So although its a nice idea I dont see the use either for the con nor
for the student (which in any case should also include summer jobbers,
uneployed and so on ...) especially when you consider travel/residence
costs that still apply.

Another 2c well spent,

Enjoy the sun

Jan