[Tycon3] TYPO3 developers conference

Steven Bagshaw steven.bagshaw at unv.org
Wed Jun 22 11:50:55 CEST 2005

Hi,

I don't want to put a dampener on things, but I wonder about the timing of
this. Could this create confusion amongst the Typo3 userbase as to what
Tycon3 is all about? I worry that it could drag attention away from the
upcoming event.

OK, so I am a developer using Typo3, but not a developer *of* Typo3 - but
then saying there is a conference in 2006 called "Typo3 DevCon" or whatever
is going to be called could seem strange for people like myself.

Posting to the main english mailing list will add to the confusion, and will
it end up on the typo3.org home page soon? Tycon3 is hidden away enough as
it is - try to find it on typo3.org!

And saying Tycon3 is the "business" event is misleading I feel. When I look
at the description of most of the talks, I don't think "business", I think
"developers". Kasper described the conference as being for "web
professionals" and I think that is accurate enough.

I completely understand that some people may feel excluded from Tycon3 for
various reasons - but my humble suggestion would be to save it until *after*
Tycon3 and *then* bring on the public discussions. Give the Tycon3
organisers the best chance of success...

Steven Bagshaw

news:mailman.1.1119429556.6824.tycon3 at lists.netfielders.de...