[TYPO3-t3dd] Resumée

Kasper Skårhøj kasper at typo3.org
Mon Jul 5 09:08:14 CEST 2010

Me think so too!

I was very very happy with the event as a whole (thanks Gina and Thomas) as well as the strong focus on getting things done! YES! You are soo cool everyone. I was very thankful to see how TYPO3 as a project is now TRUELY a community project, not just a solo-run like it largely was during the first years with me. I really think we are now seeing why it was necessary that I stepped down for TYPO3 to move to the next level! It hurt for a while but we are gaining confidence and will be unstoppable if this continues. And I like being a part of this as I still feel I am.

Anyway, I don't really have a blog, but I felt compelled to write something during the train ride home yesterday:

I'm on my way home from T3DD10. Train rides are great for reflections and I'm inspired by the beautiful nature that passes by outside. I feel so much gratitude towards everyone of you for keeping up the unique spirit of this community! I am thinking about how many times over again that people have told me how TYPO3 has changed their life and it's mindbugling to think about what was initiated by my decision to share TYPO3 as open source now 10 years ago in August 2000. One thing is what this product has become with the help of everyone of you. But more importantly in the long term is how we bring purpose to each others lives by walking this road together - to jointly innovate excellent free software enabling people to communate! It sounds like a cliché but when I fathom the beauty of this - like just now here at Padborg Station - you will see a few tears of joy running down my chins. This is the old feeling of something essential. Community and love is what God created us for. So if you want to know the magic behind our community I believe it is simply our natural response to Gods design in us; working passionately together and inspiring each other to share. Share our code. Share our life.
I fall short of most of my own standards and right now I wish I had more capacity as a person to get to know everyone of you much better. But this is life as we all know it: Beauty and brokenness. If you want to know what heaven will be like, imagine just all the beauty! This is what God originally intended and this is what we will eventually get through Christ at the end of the road here on earth.

Here is a verse from a song by Jan Honningdal - a norwegian christian artist I'm just listening to:

At the end of the road
when the sun goes down
life begins at another place
there are no tears
no night, no day
no evil of any kind

Although it's not strictly legal, I'm sure mr. Honningdal doesn't if this track gets a chance to bless your day - as it did mine just now. http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3261603/17%20Himmelsangen.m4a

See you all at the next TYPO3 event! And may the source (of life) be with you all!

Kasper Skårhøj
kasperskaarhoj at gmail.com  //  +45 20 999 115