[Neos] Installation Neos 1.2 on XAMPP under Win8.1

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Dec 18 23:29:17 CET 2014

Hi,

On 18/12/2014 20:21, Ralf Kraemer wrote:
> sorry for the late reply, but I am totally busy in the moment.
> About your question, I try to use the Composer (Win Installation), but
> it seems that the git repository cannot be found.

Okay, I'll try that method and try to document what is needed for win 8.1

> Therfore, I install NEOS manually as described.
>
> I am not sure what are the necessary configuration adjustments to get it
> running in this environment.
>
> Here a a extract from the Apache Log:
> [authz_core:error] [pid 5468:tid 1660] [client 127.0.0.1:56168] AH01630:
> client denied by server configuration:
> D:/Server/WEBRoot/Neos/Neos-1.2.0/Web/setup

This looks more like a configuration problem of Apache. The default
httpd.conf might be the problem.

DocumentRoot "D:/webserver/htdocs"
<Directory "D:/webserver/htdocs">
     Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
     AllowOverride All
     Require all granted
</Directory>

It's on localhost so I'm not really afraid that others will access the
server :-) Change the directory to whatever is used on your system.

With Fluid (the templating engine in Flow/Neos/TYPO3 CMS) I found that
another setting needs to be changed for Apache on Windows. In
apache\conf\extra\httpd-mpm.conf set

<IfModule mpm_winnt_module>
     ThreadStackSize      8388608
</IfModule>

This is the same ThreadStackSize as used in other OS installations. For
some reason it's far lower in the default windows configuration.

Do not forget to restart the Apache process (using the XAMPP Control Panel).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!