[Neos] Road to TYPO3 Neos 1.0: Finishing up for T3CON

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Oct 23 07:49:08 CEST 2013

Hey everybody,

I just got around of updating the TYPO3 Neos 1.0 status document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vj-CIRuRYWPcxh36b9UmdJNjaTHJs_oj98bDcsNPlbs/edit#

In a nutshell:

  * the next alpha will be released next Monday evening, directly before
    T3CON.
  * as I will be preparing a screencast for the T3CON talk, it would be
    *awesome* if all styling related things (esp. Demo Site and
    Wireframe mode) would be in by tomorrow night, or at least that we
    have a very clear list and people assigned to it such that it can be
    done until *Monday*.

The MOST IMPORTANT TODOs (which are relevant for the alpha release) are:

  * polish demo site
  * polish wireframe mode CSS styling
  * polish cookbook documentation

CODE REVIEWS TO BE DONE:

  * Merge Link Handling (
    https://review.typo3.org/#/q/topic:link-support,n,z )
  * Merge Labels ( https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24600/ )
  * (almost ready): Views Component: https://review.typo3.org/#/c/24949/

Here are the NEW THINGS MERGED:

  * TypoScript Processor Cleanup
  * Sticky Menu
  * TypoScript page rendering restructuring
  * Navigate Component

Great job @everybody involved :-)

For the next alpha version, I'd be OK with not including the following
functionality; but we need it for the BETA:

  * revamped resource management (so we can code on it during T3CON)
  * TypoScript: move "Page" to NodeTypes et al. (Would obviously be
    nice, but will be mostly non-breaking anyways)
  * Related Nodes Selector

Greets, and hear you soon :-)
Sebastian
PS: Sorry that Karsten and me were not around yesterday evening (while
we promised to do so... We had some nice evening-discussions with Jürgen
and Seb H. and forgot the time ;-) )