[Neos] Exception after composer update: An invalid node path...

Simon Schaufelberger (Schaufi) simonschaufi at guugelmail.de
Wed Oct 23 01:13:05 CEST 2013

im really frustrated about the upgrade process of neos. almost every
time i try to update my neos after some months im stuck with a problem.
I think im doing everything right...

basic installation with only one additional package developed by me, the
rest is a normal demo installation.
here are my update commands:

composer update
./flow doctrine:migrate
./flow flow:core:migrate
./flow flow:cache:flush
./flow cache:warmup

did i forget something?

ok after doing all this, i go to my neos website and login into the
backend. i get the loginscreen (fine so far!) and after login attempt i
get the following exception:

Exception while rendering
page<TYPO3.Neos:Page>/body<TYPO3.TypoScript:Template>/footer:
An invalid node path was specified: is of type NULL but a string is
expected.

here some detailed lines from the exception file in the logs folder:

Uncaught exception #1357832901 in line 611 of
C:\xampp\htdocs\neos\Data\Temporary\Development\Cache\Code\Flow_Object_Classes\TYPO3_TYPO3CR_Domain_Model_Node.php:
An invalid node path was specified: is of type NULL but a string is
expected.

45 TYPO3\TYPO3CR\Domain\Model\NodeData_Original::normalizePath(NULL)
44 TYPO3\TYPO3CR\Domain\Model\Node_Original::getNode(NULL)
43
TYPO3\Neos\TypoScript\ContentCollectionImplementation_Original::evaluate()
42
TYPO3\TypoScript\Core\Runtime_Original::evaluateInternal("page<TYPO3.Neos:Page>/body<TYPO3.TypoScript:Template>/footer",
"NULL", NULL)
41
TYPO3\TypoScript\Core\Runtime_Original::evaluate("page<TYPO3.Neos:Page>/body<TYPO3.TypoScript:Template>/footer")
40
TYPO3\TypoScript\TypoScriptObjects\Helpers\TypoScriptPathProxy_Original::objectAccess()
39
TYPO3\Fluid\Core\Parser\SyntaxTree\ObjectAccessorNode_Original::getPropertyPath(TYPO3\Fluid\Core\ViewHelper\TemplateVariableContainer,
"footer", TYPO3\Fluid\Core\Rendering\RenderingContext)
38 {closure}()
Regards, Schaufi